top of page
  • Writer's pictureKay


Updated: Apr 27


NJ Mental Health Help Cares Hotline: 1 (866) 202-HELP

Mental Health

The above link also provides guidance on what signs to look out for, an outlet to discuss mental health and/or how to get help.

Military Veterans Mental Health

Depression Treatment for Veterans | Veterans Affairs (

Veterans Guide | Veterans Guide

Mesothelioma/Asbestos Outreach

Opioid Dependence Outreach

National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health: 1 (312) 726-7020 ext. 2011

National Domestic Abuse Hotline: 1 (800) 799-7233


Suicide Help/Prevention

1 (800) 273-8255

1 (855) 654 6735

Department of Health:

Suicide Prevention

Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Call 988 or chat


Military Veterans Suicide Prevention

Veteran Suicide Prevention | Veterans Affairs (

Veterans Crisis Line Dial 988 then press 1


When in crisis, you can text the number 741741. Live, trained Crisis Counselors receive the text and responds quickly. They are available 24/7, anywhere in the United States.

Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Text 988

Veterans Crisis Line

Text 838255

National Domestic Abuse Help

Text 88788


Know any teenagers dealing with suicidal thoughts? Click the link below so you can learn how to effectively talk to teenagers who may be suffering from depression, mental health, or suicidal thoughts.

The below link hosts a wealth of resources and pertinent information to help children.


There may also help available through your place of employment. If you are employed by the government or are a county worker, please speak with your Human Resources Department, or check your departmental intranet for further guidance.

State employees: There is a program known as Employee Advisory Program, (EAS), which is a state sponsored program, designed to help employees and their dependents with personal, family, or work-related issues. For a confidential appointment, you can call their toll-free number at 1 (866)-327-9133 or reach them by email at:

You can also speak with your primary physician; they can provide referrals and/or guidance on where you can obtain treatment in your area.

Insurance holders can find a counselor, therapist, or a psychiatrist within their network. Call the 800 number on the back of your insurance card for further guidance.

Medicaid holders, you can seek help by speaking with your case worker to see what services are offered through their program(s).

Additionally: There is education available for victims of Financial Abuse. According to the Annuity Organization, (AO), financial abuse occurs in approximately 98% of abusive relationships, which serves as a leading cause for victims to remain in abusive relationships. For more information, please visit: Financial Abuse: How to Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones (

For help with a variety of other mental or life challenging situations, such as Domestic Abuse for the deaf, Violence against the LGBTQ Community, Abuse of Women of Color, African Americans, Latino/Latina’s, Asian/Pacific Islanders and Indigenous Women, Sex Trafficking, Sexual Assault Victims, Differently Abled, National Child Abuse Hotline info, National Center for Elder Abuse, Abuse Against Men, etc., please visit: Resources (

**Never be ashamed of reaching out for help. You are human and sometimes we all need a little encouragement, or to be empowered and supported amidst our journeys. **

You Are Strong

You Are Amazing

You Are Resilient

You Will Get Through This

This Too Shall Pass



115 views0 comments
bottom of page